This Privacy Notice is designed to inform you on how the personal data we gather from you is used, including but not limited to, our purpose for processing your data, who it is shared with and your rights under data protection law.
Our Contact Details
Walk Right Podiatry is a trading name of Walk Right North West Limited, a limited company incorporated in England & Wales. If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer in relation to this Privacy Notice you can do so via:
Walk Right Podiatry
176 Drake Street
Our Purpose for Processing your Personal Data
We will endeavour to ensure that we only request from you the minimum amount of personal data required in order for us to provide our services to the required standard. There are a number of lawful basis under which we process this data as follows:
We will seek your consent where necessary, for example to provide you with automated reminders of your appointments via email and SMS message, or to contact you as part of our marketing campaigns. This information is optional, requires your explicit consent for us to process and will be clearly highlighted before it is gathered.
In some cases the information we gather will not be directly required for your treatment, but may be required in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example details of your medical insurance and other billing related information.
Much of the information we request will be necessary in order to provide you with the services we offer. For example personal information such as your name and date of birth enable us to create a new patient record for you, whilst details regarding medical history is required to ensure any advice or treatment provided is appropriate.
Special Category Data
Some of the personal data we gather will fall under 'special category' data - specifically information related to your gender and medical history. We will collect this information under one of the purposes outlined above, as well under the additional requirement of being necessary for the provision of health care treatment.
Who Your Data is Shared With
Subject to applicable data protection law we may share your information with:
- Payment providers in order to process your payment for our services
- Practice management system providers to store patient data
- Companies and sub-contractors providing their services to us
- Legal and financial companies such as our accountants
- With your consent marketing companies such as email marketing providers
Some of this information may be transferred and stored outside of the UK. In such cases we are committed to working with International companies that meet UK standards in regards to your data.
Our Data Retention Periods for your Personal Data
We will retain your data for as long as is necessary to complete our obligations to you. In addition we are required by law to keep financial information for a minimum of 6 years, as well as information related to your medical treatment for a minimum of 8 years.
Your Rights Under Data Protection Law
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data, including:
- The right to be informed about our processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it's inaccurate or incomplete
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to have your personal data erased
- The right to request access to your personal data and information on how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you would like to exercise any of these rights you may contact us and we will action your request in line with data protection law as soon as possible.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be reflected in every location it is available and will supersede this version. We will take reasonable steps to draw your attention to any changes in our policy.